Join Me! If We Were Having Coffee #4
Let’s Start The Weekend Right
If we were having coffee, I’d invite you to my home this time instead of meeting up at a coffee shop. I am not a huggy person but I’d welcome you with a big warm smile!
Let’s grab our beverage of choice (coffee, tea, lemonade, or iced tea, even wine is an option) and some snacks from the kitchen and have a seat on the balcony patio hoping it’s that it’s not too warm out. If it is, we’ll head back inside and sit in the living room where I have the window conditioner plugged in.
Click here to read other Coffee Chats.
If We Were Having Coffee
- I would tell you that I am on holidays for the next few days. A much-needed, long overdue vacation. We’ve been short staffed for so long, it’s going to feel nice not to have to think about work .
- I would tell you that I haven’t even started back-to-school shopping. School starts on September 6th for my daughters. Hopefully, this weekend, I’ll be able to get a bunch of it done. And then on Tuesday, I can register them at their new schools.
- I would tell you that the last couple of weeks has been all about family. Last Saturday, we had a family gathering with my parents. The following day, my girls and I went swimming with my sister M and her family. We met up at the new outdoor pool that has a couple of water slides, rock wall, splash park, etc. Although there was a huge lineup going out the door when we arrived, it didn’t take too long to pay at the admissions desk. I’ve gotta say that for a new facility the admission prices were cheap. Later in the afternoon, we hit the concession stand, which again the prices were reasonable. All in all, it was an excellent way to cool down on a Sunday afternoon.
- I would tell you that my 4-year-old niece is still in the Children’s hospital. She’s been there nearly 9 weeks I believe. She’s had 3 surgeries on her abdomen and a possible 4th one to be scheduled if things don’t start working properly. I’ve made plans to visit her this upcoming Monday. Please keep them in your prayers and thoughts.
- I would tell you that my brother C will be staying with me for a few days. His work trailer broke down and he is waiting for it to be repaired. In the meantime, he’ll be staying with us.
- I would tell you that a co-worker asked if I would sit on the selection committee for the Association of Fundraising Professionals – Lethbridge Chapter. They are hosting the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon & Awards on November 17, 2016. Charities have nominated top philanthropists in the community and a panel (that’s me!) will judge who will be formally recognized as the top philanthropist in a number of categories. I am looking forward to this event.
That’s about all for this week. If we were having coffee, what would you share with me ? Let me know in the comments below!
Don’t Miss a Thing. Get On The List!
Ready to make a real change?
Then join the ECUROSIE community and learn how to how to unleash your inner warrior to get unstuck, overcome fear and gain confidence to make big life changes! Invest in yourself and make it happen.