Join Me! If We Were Having Coffee – #3
It’s been a long, challenging week for me but it’s Friday and I am looking forward to this weekend. It’s been awhile since I wrote an “If We Were Having Coffee” segment and thought today would be a perfect day for one.
If I had my way, we would be having our coffee and conversation in a quaint coffee shop (No, Starbucks here) where we could people watch, but it’s 6 am here so for now we are stuck inside. I hope you don’t mind.
Grab your cup of coffee or tea, sit and let’s chat for awhile.
Let’s begin. If we were having coffee. . .
- I’d tell you that my girls and I have been watching the 2016 Olympics in Rio. Although Team Canada are low in the medal count, our women athletes are kicking it! #playlikeagirl
- I’d tell you that I have been slow to returning comments on my blog but this weekend I will catch up for sure!
- I’d tell you that my 11- year old is playing outdoor soccer in a competitive league. Two weekends ago, she sprained her ankle quite badly at a soccer tournament. It’s still not fully healed but hoping that she will do okay at this weekend’s soccer provincials. I bought an ankle brace and hoping that will help.
- I’d tell you that I have been trying to get my oldest to look for a summer job. I have really struggled why she is not motivated to get one. Any tips would be appreciated.
- I’d tell you that although the oldest does not have a summer job, I am really happy that she is helping out around the house while I am at work. I was a horrible teenager with even a worse attitude. I am blessed that my daughter does not talk back. She helps out when she can.
- I’d tell you that work can be quite stressful. We have been short staffed for quite some time and my energy is not in top form. So, I am hoping to take some time off once everyone is back from their summer holidays.
- I’d tell you that I am that last couple of days I have been feeling mentally and physically exhausted. Yesterday, I fell asleep on my lunch break and was almost late going back to work. Thank goodness my youngest woke me up. I took another nap after work. And to top it off, I fell asleep again while waiting for her soccer practice to be over. Her coach called and I was 45 min late picking her up. Worst mom ever! LOL
- I’d tell you that I wish that summer would slow down as I feel that I haven’t been able to enjoy it as I do most years. I need more time to go swimming, more bbqs and spending time with family and friends. Summer is going by way too fast!
- I’d tell you that with my daughters back means I have my movie watching partners back too! In the last couple of weeks, we have watched Alice Through The Looking Glass and the new Jason Bourne movie. Matt Damon is quite buff in this movie and I’ll admit I have a bit of a crush on him.
- I’d tell you that I attended my second “Heart of the City” committee meeting the other night. They are so welcoming and I felt at ease to ask questions and provide my input. I think I am going to enjoy sitting on this committee.
If we were having coffee…what would you tell me? What’s happening in your world?
Don’t Miss a Thing. Get On The List!
Ready to make a real change?
Then join the ECUROSIE community and learn how to how to unleash your inner warrior to get unstuck, overcome fear and gain confidence to make big life changes! Invest in yourself and make it happen.