I thought it would be fun if we could meet for virtual coffee and catch up like old friends.
So, grab your coffee/beverage of your choice and meet me for a chat. This morning, I’m still in my pj’s curled up on the couch with a cup coffee (little bit of milk and sugar).
Let’s Begin. If We Were Having Coffee..
- I’d tell you that the other day, I finally enrolled in undergrad – Bachelor of Management. It’s been a requirement as part of my employment agreement. I’d tell you that I’m a bit nervous, excited and feeling very uncertain. But, I also know it’s a good thing. I’ll still continue working full time and take the courses in the evenings via long distance learning through Athabasca University.
- I’d tell you that my blog post “#ShareYouBlog” went through the roof this past week. I wasn’t expecting the number of responses that were pouring in. I felt that I had to respond to all of the comments and felt a little anxiety. Then I reassured myself, and said that it was okay and that I did not have to respond to everything.
- I’d tell you that I’ve decided to not fight with my ex-husband about allowing my girls to go to school in Prince Edward Island (PEI) this fall. PEI is where he lives, which is a small island on the other side of the country from me. Over the last few months, I’ve been telling myself and my girls that they are better off living here. I believe that there are more opportunities for them here and they would be more active with school and sports as well. I’ve learned that even though I want what’s best for them, I have to let them experience life. In the end, I don’t want them to resent me because I didn’t allow them to explore all their options. All I can do, is let them know that I will always be here for them. I’m only a phone call away.
- I’d tell you that I was offered to do my first interview on internet radio. I’m waiting on the details, but I’ll send you the link when I do find out. [EDITED: Here’s the link http://ow.ly/KkxNp)
I’d tell you how proud I am of my oldest daughter and her commitment to her school play. Since this fall, she’s invested a lot of hours practicing and rehearsing with her classmates. I’d also tell you that I can’t wait to see her in action at tomorrow’s matinee. I’m even more excited that my parents are coming to watch her too. Because she’s doing so well, I decided to take her to the movies last night to see the new Disney’s Cinderella movie.
- On that note, I’d tell that I’ve always wanted my parents to be involved in my life. When I was a kid, so heavily involved in community, sports and school, my parents, did not come to most of my events. It’s nice to see, as grandparents, how much they make an effort to be there for my children. I can’t begin to tell you how much that means to me.
- Because we’ve talked about my oldest, we’d also talk about my youngest. With her indoor soccer league ending last week, it’s now time to figure out what outdoor soccer league she’ll play for. Still trying to decide if she stays with the house rec league or try the competitive league. If she tries the competitive league, there will be more practices, out of town tournaments, which all means more commitment. If I’m starting school again, and the girls moving back to PEI, is this the right time? Or do, we just go ahead and we find a way to make it work? Tough decisions.
- And of course, I’d tell you all about my recent purchases this week. The day, a co-worker I had lunch at Sparkies , a food truck here in Lethbridge. Or the macarons that I bought at a local store called Urban Grocer. At the same store bought homemade cabbage rolls. I’d tell you how each of purchases was justified because I was buying from and supporting local business owners. (who am I kidding, who needs a reason to shop!) I’d also tell you that all three of these businesses are owned and operated by women. Talk about women power! And I’m sure that would lead to a further conversation on how we both love to support our local economy.
If we were having coffee…what would you tell me? What’s happening in your world?
Thank you for reading my posts! If you like what you’ve read, don’t be shy…leave a comment below. If you really like it, click “follow” on the side of my blog to receive my blog via email, so you don’t miss a post. I know you wanna! 😉
or you can Follow my blog with Bloglovin