As humans we seek to be happy.
They say the best things in life are free. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, my list below proves that statement to be true. Life is filled with simple pleasures, the little satisfying effects you never really anticipate, but always take great pleasure in. They are the gifts of life that we each subconsciously celebrate in our own unique way.
Not sure about you, but in the moment that I experience the simplest pleasures, I am not thinking about my quest for happiness or worrying that I may never find it. I am simply enjoying the moment and feeling alive.
List of my 25 most satisfying, simple pleasures, in no particular order:
- Finding money in my pocket or stashed away in my purse that I had forgotten about
- The taste of ice cream on a hot summer day
- The wind in my hair
- A big strong hug
- Feeling the sand in my toes
- Watching the clouds go by
- Lying in bed, listening to the rain softly fall
- A good hearty laugh
- Clean, fresh linens on my bed
- Warm clothes straight out of the dryer
- Thinking about a friend I haven’t talked with in a while and then receiving a phone call or email from them
- The smell of fresh baked cookies just out of the oven
- Watching the sunset or sunrise
- A first kiss
- Spring flowers blooming
- Touching the tiny fingers and toes of a newborn baby
- Relaxing in a hammock on a nice summer day
- Sleeping in
- Hot chocolate on a cold day
- The excitement of Christmas morning
- Singing in the shower
- Reading a good book
- Hearing my favorite song
- Jumping into a pile of freshly raked leaves
- A warm, cozy fire in the fireplace
- ooooh, how could I forget one big mug of hot coffee!
What are your favourite simple pleasures? Share with me below or tweet me at @rdigout using hashtag #SimplePleasures