25 Quotes to Change Our Attitude to Gratitude
Did you know that the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday is next Monday? Today, I am sharing 25 quotes to change our attitude to gratitude.
I love all things Thanksgiving – turkey, stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, and potatoes drenched in gravy. Did I mention pumpkin pie, topped with vanilla ice-cream?
More importantly, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect and give thanks and show gratitude for the important things in life – health, family, home, friends and more.
This year, I am thankful for my family. Despite family tragedies, it has brought us closer together. We are learning that we can truly count on each other in times of need. That we will all step up to the plate and help where we can. I am thankful for the close friends. No matter the distance, we are there to uplift, support and encourage each other. As for my blogger friends, I couldn’t be more excited for their achievements, and their strength to believe in and follow their dreams.
Need a little inspiration? Read yesterday’s post, 3 things to do this October. One of the challenges is to start a gratitude journal.
25 Gratitude Quotes
- Gratitude turns what we have into enough.
– Author Unknown
- If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.
– Frank A. Clark
- “Find the good and praise it.”
– Alex Haley
- “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?”
– William A. Ward
- “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”
- “It is not good for all our wishes to be filled; through sickness we recognize the value of health; through evil, the value of good; through hunger, the value of food; through exertion, the value of rest.”
– Greek Proverb
- “Learn to get in touch with silence within yourself, and know that everything in this life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.”
– Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
– Albert Einstein
- “You have no cause for anything but gratitude and joy.”
– The Buddha
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
– Marcel Proust
- “You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.”
– Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
– William Arthur Ward
- “When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.”
– Chinese Proverb
- “If you can’t be content with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped.”
- “Take full account of the excellencies which you possess, and in gratitude remember how you would hanker after them, if you had them not.”
– Marcus Aurelius
- “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.”
– Frederick Keonig
- “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.”
– Christiane Northrup
- “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.”
– Doris Day
- “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.”
- “No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night.”
– Elie Wiesel
- “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.”
– Willie Nelson
- “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes of which all men have some.”
– Charles Dickens
- “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say ‘thank you?’”
– William A. Ward
- “Gratitude is the best attitude.”
– Author Unknown
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
– Oprah Winfrey
Wishing you,your family and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving !!!
What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments below!
Don’t Miss a Thing. Get On The List!
Ready to make a real change?
Then join the ECUROSIE tribe and learn how to how to unleash your inner warrior to get unstuck, overcome fear and gain confidence to make big life changes! Invest in yourself and make it happen.