Here’s to strong women
May we know them
May we be them
May we raise them
~ Author Unknown
For my second post today to celebrate International Women’s Day, I thought that I would share some of my favourite inspiring and empowering quotes for women.
Click here to read my first post: Why It’s Important to Celebrate International Women’s Day.
- “How can we effect change in the world when only half of it is invited or feel welcome to participate in the conversation?” — Emma Watson
- “People ask me all the time: ‘What is it like to be a woman at Google?’ I’m not a woman at Google, I’m a geek at Google. And being a geek is just great. I’m a geek, I like to code, I even like to use spreadsheets when I cook.” — Marissa Mayer
- “Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that’s the one that is going to require the most from you.” – Caroline Myss.
- “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” — Melinda Gates
- “Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?” – Caroline Myss.
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any”. – Alice Walker.
- “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water”. – Eleanor Roosevelt.
- “Human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human rights.”— Hillary Clinton
- “As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson.
- “You move totally away from reality when you believe that there is a legitimate reason to suffer” – Byron Katie.
- “I am willing to put myself through anything, temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process.” – Diana Nyad.
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud”. – Coco Chanel.
- “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” – Elizabeth Gilbert.
- “And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk more”. – Erica Jong.
- “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” – Helen Keller.
- “Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses”. – Madame Marie du Deffand.
- “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.” – Sheila Murray Bethel.
- “The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” – Anna Quindlen.
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin.
- “Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here.”- Marianne Williamson.
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. “I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
- “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott
How will you celebrate International Women’s Day? Whatever you do – celebrate women, call for equality – and ‘Make it happen’
Find Everything’s Coming Up Rosie On: