I love each of the seasons, but – let’s face it – there’s something EXTRA gorgeous about autumn. The vivid colors of the leaves changing. The crisp feel to the air in the early mornings. The bearable temperatures. Halloween, pumpkins, the movies, and Thanksgiving.
Today, I am sharing 11 quotes to celebrate the change on the calendar and the change in the air. Bring on the turning leaves, cozy sweaters and that nostalgic chill!
- “Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn.” —Elizabeth Lawrence
- “Designers want me to dress like Spring, in billowing things. I don’t feel like Spring. I feel like a warm red Autumn.” —Marilyn Monroe
- “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” —Jim Bishop
- “Autumn passes and one remembers one’s reverence.” —Yoko Ono
- “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” ― Sarah Addison Allen, First Frost
- “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” ― M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
- “Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” [Indian Summer]” ― William Cullen Bryant
- “Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year.” ― Chad Sugg
- “Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons.” ― Jim Bishop
- “Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.” —Lauren DeStefano, Wither
- “I loved autumn, the one season of the year that God seemed to have put there just for the beauty of it.” ― Lee Maynard
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my two autumn boards on pinterest.
I hope you enjoyed the quotes as much as I did. Which is your favorite? Or share one of your favorite Autumn quotes with ME!
Find Everything’s Coming Up Rosie On: